Okay, so I haven’t posted anything to my (often) neglected blog since my last week at LexisNexis, which was way back in early December. I’ve been really busy with important grown-up things.* Get off my back, already.
After rearranging some life responsibilities (or just responsibilities, I guess), I should have a bit more time at my disposal.
This coupled with the fact that I am now the proud owner of an 11″ MacBook Air (instead of just an iPad, which is, I assure you, not a brilliantly portable replacement for an actual computer) means that I am more likely to be tap tapping away at these little chicklets letting everyone on the interwebs know about my goings-on. Yes. Surely.
To bring you all up to date, in the last four months I have:
- Whipped the Digital Content team at the bank into shape and have shook my fiery fist of doom at them every time they use a hyphen as an en dash.
- Started drinking a lot more**
- Bought a MacBook Air (see para 5 above)
- Started practising ashtanga yoga in the mornings again (although only 3 days a week)
- Researched new neighbourhoods in which to live in London***
- Become a Spotify Premium member (it’s fucking awesome)
- Been missing America – mostly my sister but followed by driving, 24-hour culture, proper brunch and customer service
- Have sent off for my settlement visa (can’t kick me out after that, bitches!)
I promise to update more.
*staring at my feet bemusedly upon returning home from work in the evenings
**This may or may not have something to do with bullet 1
***I’m keen on SE1. If I can find a reasonably priced flat in ‘Boss House’ on ‘Boss Street’, then I’m totally moving to Shad Thames.